Chapter 2

Pan looked out one of the windows of the ship out to the capital city. The sky had a red tinge to it and it was hard to find something natural. There were oftentimes, patches of grass, but this was overlooked and often stepped on without any thought. There were species of many different races. The ones that had respectable titles and such, were protected by some of the most advanced buildings from the planet and the ones that could stand the planet's seemingly harsh conditions were outside, usually the ones tending to the structures outside. It was unknown to most of the species why this planet was such an important planet, why, out of all the planets in the galaxy that this planet was chosen out of all the other habitable planets.

Pan knew. She knew from her heart but couldn't explain it. A past that she thought never existed was there, and she was remembering it, slowly, but surely. Not all of the memories were pleasant but it was nothing that she couldn't handle. What she didn't seem to understand was the creature called Rajah. She tried speaking with him but he never gave a straight answer other than where they were going. Everything he seemed to do frustrated her but she couldn't understand why. There were just some things in her past memory that was blocked out.

Pan also had the nagging feeling in the back of her mind that something was wrong. Something seemed to tell her that what she was doing was wrong even though she tried her hardest to ignore it. She had noticed that her temper seemed to be shorter than usual and that she never knew any magic before. Now, her mind seemed to be flooding with different spells and magic that she didn't know existed. A sudden feeling came to her that told her that if she worked on all her powers, she could become the most powerful being in the universe. That feeling left as soon as it came but it left Pan thinking if that's how Vegeta felt about his power.

Moving away from the window, Pan adjusted her armor. The symbols on the armor indicated that she was of regal class. It annoyed her to think of how they, or on her trail of thinking, Rajah, were able to get armor that fit her perfectly or how they knew she was coming. It was that type of thinking that kept on leading to they, when she didn't know who they were. The only being that she met on the ship was Rajah so it was natural for her to put some blame on him.

The same small nagging feeling came back to her as she walked down the halls to go to the main chamber. That was where Rajah told her to meet him as soon as they land. The feeling was so persistent and annoying, she couldn't ignore it. Clenching her fists, she abruptly turned towards her sleeping chambers. Something just didn't seem right with her. That feeling refused to go away no matter how hard she tried so there must be a reason for it to happen. Pan slammed her hand on the button to her room, breaking it, put it opened nonetheless. If not, she might have blasted it open, not really caring at that point.

Part of her mind screamed that she had to go meet with Rajah, and that he would be waiting for her. The other part kept on urging her, not yelling since the strength had long been taken away for that, but a constant nudging kept pushing Pan in the right direction.

As soon as Pan faced the only mirror in the room and looked closer in her own reflection than she ever did, the screaming stopped and Pan finally got her voice back. The second before the screaming stopped, Pan focused her attention towards her eyes. An old memory combined with knew ones; told her in her heart that this wasn't right. She managed to break the spell, seeing as her own eyes were peering back to her once more, or the spell broke from her. Whatever happened that managed to break her free, she had also realized at that moment, she was in a lot of trouble.

In the main room, Rajah waited patiently for his passenger and cargo. Suddenly a voice boomed in his head.

'She knows but no worries, the damage has been done and still remains. If anything, we still have her and they will come.' said the voice, then leaving as though it was never there.

Rajah nodded once before heading towards the room where the princess, Pan, currently resided.

*****

Mejihen shivered as a chill went down on his spine. He suddenly had enough sense to move from his seat at the controls, just as Junior fired a ki blast at it. Mejihen stared at the smoking pile that had been his seat a moment ago, then at Junior. One look told him that he should start running or do something. He grabbed the jewel on his necklace only to have his hand blasted away. Desperate, he cried out for Bra, holding that she would hear him.

She came, but didn't act soon enough. Junior seemed to be ready for her and fired at her before she managed to put up any defenses up. Bra held her head in her hands as she struggled to get to her senses. Junior, seeing his opportunity, rushed towards Mejihen, ripped the necklace off of him, causing blood to appear where the chain of the necklace ripped his skin. His reaction time was much slower than a child with saiya-jin blood would have and was knocked out before he was able to say or do anything. Just as Bra was getting up and fighting instincts started to kick in, Junior held up the blue jewel, which glowed brighter than Mejihen had ever had it glow but with a dark essence around the edge, he shouted a few words, none that Bra understood. It didn't matter if she understood or not when comforting blackness overtook her eyes and mind.

*****

Gohan hovered in sweet peace that surrounded him. Around him, the darkness was soft and comforting, so peaceful. No one had to fight here; there were no wars, no people. There were no names either but he didn't need names or people. The peace was too sweet for him.

That was when Gohan notices a bright light in front of him. It wasn't too bright, but it was getting brighter. It was destroying the peace that he came to enjoy so much. A new emotion surged up from the pit of his stomach, or was it an old one? Something that gave the word in his mind, anger, was it? That was right, it had to be. Why did he feel so much angry for this light? And why was it getting bigger? Gohan's stomach suddenly felt like it was inside out. He was hungry, he thought. But why and what is hunger and why did it hurt so much? The pain his stomach caused him to reach the light faster.

'I don't want to leave!' Gohan shouted, upset that he was leaving this world of comfort to one of pain. But something else was ignoring him, pushing; pulling him to the light with all these different senses. Something that still had his memory and essence. And when the light finally surrounded Gohan, his memories and himself became one. That's when he realized that it was only daylight and the sweet smell of the air that greeted him.

Gohan struggled against the throbbing pain in his head and the jolting stabbing pain in his stomach. Slowly, he managed to sit up, as weak as he was. The thought of how long he was unconscious was quickly replaced with if he didn't eat to replace his energy soon, that blackness he was in would be a permanent one.

Gohan pushed himself to his feet and thought of how he was to get any food in his condition. All his senses were dulled which would make hunting extremely hard. With that, Gohan made a hard decision, one that he didn't even think that is was a bad one when he was a young child. He decided to let in instincts take over him completely.